Safety and Compliance Manager – Hamilton, Ontario
The Fluke Transportation Group is Southern Ontario’s leading provider of comprehensive transportation, warehousing and distribution services. With state-of-the-art facilities, the latest technology, and the best people in the business, we offer an established array of transportation opportunities in order to streamline our clients’ distribution requirements.
Fluke is seeking a seasoned and experienced Safety and Compliance Manager to join our Team and assist us in taking the Fluke Transportation Group to new heights. The successful candidate will bring his or her previous transportation safety and compliance experience to this role.
- The Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for all aspects of our transportation safety and governmental compliance
- The Safety and Compliance Manager will have daily interaction with drivers, operations staff and other company personnel while working in conjunction with the General Manager, Transportation Manager and Fleet Manager
- We offer a competitive salary and participation in the company group benefits program
- This is a fulltime position
- Ensure compliance with all Canadian and US transportation regulations
- Ensure compliance, and act as company liaison, for all federal and provincial Health and Safety regulations, including WSIB claims, reporting and investigation
- Maintain, monitor, audit and report on all aspects of transportation compliance, including driver’s Hours of Service, company and driver CVOR violations, driver & company fines and tickets, driver’s logs (paper and electronic), and transportation of dangerous goods
- Perform, monitor and report all accident & incident investigations and fleet insurance claims
- Establish, monitor and maintain all domestic and international transportation cross border initiatives including (CTPAT, PIP, FMCSA, Driver Check)
- Initiate, monitor and maintain any needed Safety & Compliance policies and procedures
- Ensure all files, documents and records relating to Safety and Compliance are kept in prescribed manner as per legislative requirements
- Driver recruiting, qualification, training, orientation, coaching and discipline
- Schedule and conduct periodic safety meetings and reviews
- Work alongside key personnel to obtain overall company success
- Knowledge of Canadian Federal, Provincial and US Transportation rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial Health and Safety legislation including WSIB
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Transportation and Dangerous Goods (TDG) rules and regulations
- Highly organized, motivated, goal oriented and results driven individual with superior problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Individuals interested in applying for the above position are invited to submit their resume
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Safety and Compliance Manager"
We thank all candidates for applying, however we will only contact those invited for an interview.
AZ and DZ drivers needed – both company and owner operator positions.
Based out of Hamilton, Toronto or Montreal.
Since 1920, the Fluke Transportation Group is Southern Ontario’s leading supplier of full-service transportation, distribution, warehousing and logistics. With state-of-the-art facilities, the latest technology, and the best people in the business, we offer an established array of services to provide a complete solution to streamline our clients’ transportation needs. Fluke has been experiencing tremendous growth and is looking for company and owner operator AZ / DZ drivers to service Southern Ontario, Quebec and select U.S. states. Iconic in status in the Hamilton and GTA markets, we say If It’s On Time… It’s A “FLUKE”!
- Fluke Transport is looking for and urgently requires company and owner operator AZ drivers for our Southern Ontario, Quebec and U.S. corridors to continue to grow our customer network
- We also have immediate requirements for company and owner operator AZ / DZ drivers to service our local Hamilton Truckload and LTL networks on daily, nightly, or weekend shifts
- Typically, these shifts and hours appeal to drivers who prefer to be home each night.
- We also offer extra work opportunities for drivers looking for weekend only or a few days a week extra income
- Full training and orientation program
- Health and dental benefits and Life/Disability insurance are available
- Support through a dedicated dispatch team
- Terrific opportunity to earn above average income
- You must be well organized and possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- You must be reliable, flexible and punctual and ready for work when needed
- You will have a minimum of 1-2 years tractor trailer experience or straight truck experience
- Excellent safety record; no preventable accidents in the past 12 months and a clean driver abstract
- You must be looking to earn an above average income
Please call 1-800-263-4843 ext. 309 for more details.
Refer an Owner Operator to us and receive a referral bonus for each successful hire!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM - Please fill out and send to email@example.com